BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 28, 2008

I know, I know

Ok I know I know its been forever. In fact I am sure a lot of you have stopped checking. For those of you who haven't thanks and sorry I have let you down. I promise to be a little better and very soon a recap since the last time that I posted.
However, this post will be a little different. I have a lot of thoughts, emotions, concerns, and I thought writing them out will help me sort through them. This Thanksgiving has been a very emotional one for me. Tears of sadness, joy, hurt, and fear. So often something will happen in my life that is a big or major thing. Or at least until things are put into perspective.
Though things I go through are challenging I have faith that God is in control. He knows what's best even if its not our plan. Sometimes some of our biggest trials are our biggest lessons. I know this is stuff many of you know, but for me I need to be reminded of it because in the midst of it I am certainly not thinking of it.
Recently I have been overwhelmed with hurts of so many loved ones, friends and family. Hurts that are not simple fixes. There is nothing i can do to ease that pain for them. That's what hurts the most for me. When people I love hurt I feel it with them.
So as many of you know I am from back east, Pennsylvania to be exact. As the Holidays are here I am feeling very homesick. A feeling I am not used to. Don't get me wrong I love it here and as so thankful to have family two hours away and family right here in town with me. A lot of people don't even have that, I know. I think as I am getting a little, very little bit older I am realizing just how important family really is.
While feeling all of this pain and sadness, I am reminded of how blessed I am. Now don't get me wrong I've got junk, problems, and pain in my life as all of us do. I have a great husband who makes his family such an important priority. He loves us so much and for that I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude. I have healthy, fun, and challenging boys. Boys who keep me on my toes, who make me melt everyday. I could go on and on, I could also tell you I have some of my most challenging days with them. But that's my life and I would not trade it for anything. I have amazing family who loves us all and so thankful for my relationships with all of them. My friends, I am amazed at all the wonderful friends I have. Friends that would do anything for me, drop everything if I needed them. Not everyone can say that.
So this Thanksgiving, I want to thank you, thank you all for being part of my life. I pray for you all daily. I pray that whatever you go through you are able to find joy. I pray you have a relationship with the Lord, because there is no worldly thing or person that can give you a peace the way he can.

Thank you so much for letting me express my thoughts, even if they are all over the place.

6 comments:

D.J. Ellis said...

I haven't stopped checking. ;) As a matter of fact we've both been pretty bad bloggers haven't we? I agree with lots of your thoughts and thanks for sharing. We have lots to be thankful for!

The Isaacs said...

NANITA! How I completely understand what you're reflecting about in this post... I, too, am not from here, and get incredibly homesick throughout the year... I really appreciate your reminders that we really are blessed and have so much to be thankful for...

Christa said...

Thanks for your thoughts, and the new post :)

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing...it's good to write it all down sometimes. Your passion and concern and love for all those around you really blesses me. You are an amazing blessing to so many! Your presence in their lives help them get through the hurt more than you realize! Love you so much! I am thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

Nanita this is your mom, i miss yu the at the holidays. With you on the other side of the country it does make holiday's more empty. But you and your beautiful boys and wonder husband are always with me in my heart. the best thanksgiving ever was when you and Chris and the boys where here. I know I don't call enough but that doesn't mean I don't think about you every day. Imiss you so much and wish you where here but I know your live is out there. so this Christmas I will look at my pictures and shed a small tear then smile alot when I think off all of you. I love you more than you know. mom

Anonymous said...

it is me again sorry about some of the spelling hope you can figure it out. your mother